June 3

My alarm goes off this morning at 7:30. I hit the stop button and after a late night last night think why am I going to rappel down waterfalls again? Little did I know today would result in one of my favorite adventures. I met a friend at the tram station at 8:30 to then meet the company we were going canyoning with. After hunting and searching for a bus that had the companies name on it we had no luck and finally a guy approached us probably due to the lost little American girls look on our faces and he was our guide! We got into his car and took a road trip about an hour away to the beautiful countryside of greenery, beautiful tree lined roads, and vineyards stretching for miles. Once we got to the location we threw on some wetsuits and went on a fabulous canyoning adventure that included repelling, floating, cliff jumping, and free falling. The setting was stunning and my only injury was a bruised eye from a caribeaner hitting me in the face!After that adventure (photos to come) the adventure continued because we weren't all that certain as how to get back home, so our guide dropped us off barefoot and in bikinis in the closest town (St. Gulihem) with a bus stop. We explored found the bus that left to Montpellier (5 hours later) and decide to kill our free time with a nice long lunch. Our lunch turned out to be one of my favorite meals I have had in France all of the ingredients coming from the restaurants own garden and the people sitting next to us being quite friendly and great company. After a tres delicious lunch we decided to explore the rest of the town that is very tourist friendly. The quaint streets wind through the village and the perfumerie's are endless making the whole village have a wonderful scent. We then caught the bus just in time and just as it started to rain, tres France & tres happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 18

Switzerland to Germany to France to Germany

Safari