June 15

I have been working past the language barrier and finally feel as if I am having a minor break through. The past two days have been a whirlwind, yesterday I worked at my service site Zadigozinc and after spending four hours with them I couldn't help but be happy. The kids are some of the kindest, generous, and most patient I have met. They just want to get to know you, are so fun and lively and have made some wonderful artwork for me. Today was my second to last day of French classes (YAY) and my tres French, French teacher managed to cut me some slack. Wen went to my favorite restaurant here for lunch and had a deliceux plat du jour of tabouli, melon, prosciutto, and vegetables, oh how I'm going to miss the French food. At Croix Rouge I did more shopping than volunteering, but it was a wonderful afternoon there and the air-conditioned room was a big plus in the smoldering heat. The weather here is beautiful but bizarre especially when today it was 95 degrees and started hailing huge chunks of ice, tres bizarre. This evening we want to an art exhibit full with the art of refugees and their journeys to France. it was absolutely fascinating and a man named Oliver had an absolutely stunning piece of art that reflected African culture and colonialism along with his journey to France, which included an 11 month stay in Egypt and then several boats (life rafts to be exact) that landed him in Italy. The cultures I am experiencing is so unique and every night that I sit down at dinner I find it amazing that I am able to speak to people from France, Rwanda, and Trinidad at one table. Tomorrow I am off to Barcelona so au revoir to France for the weekend and hola to Spain!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 18

Switzerland to Germany to France to Germany

Safari