June 1

Joyous Juin! Although I may not be in a gym training for Kilimanjaro my shin splints would say otherwise. Walking here is one of the main modes of transpiration and I could not be happier about it. Another contributing factor may be the 6 hours I was on my feet playing with some wonderful kids at an after school care center yesterday. The Zadigozag Cafe is super cool, allows for kids to explore their interest, and features a fully equipped coffee and desire bar. The kids come from migrant families but are filled with so much joy and kindness that the hours spent there are delighted in. I don't know how people do it every day because not only is my mind spinning from French but now my body is tres fatigue. As for today's adventures they included a French class that is quickly progressing (I think much faster than my personal French skills take me), a delicious mozzarella omelette for lunch, and an afternoon at the Red Cross. The Croix Rouge is an great service site, especially the location I was assigned. The afternoon consisted of sorting through a lot of cloths, but it felt like a different version of shopping to me and my coworkers are so fab so that was an added element of fun. This evening my host mother took us on a beach picnic before three other people arrive to stay with us. The picnic was tres fun she took us to some amazing beaches where the water is incredibly blue and the beaches stretch on for miles, we then went to a boardwalk type of area very happening and lively. A great way to kick off June...here's to more adventures to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 18

Switzerland to Germany to France to Germany

Safari