May 26

Montpellier officially has the best shopping. Today was filled with lots of hopping from boutique to boutique which was tres fabulous. The alleyways weave in and out and in between lining the city with fabulous cafes and boutiques. The morning was filled with a rather long lecture about French immigration and policy. It is so interesting to truly become a part of their culture and be immersed. So often as travelers and vacationers we can begin getting caught up in the cycle of judging somewhere by the tourist destinations and you do not get the opportunity to truly immerse into the culture. It's the little interactions that make you truly get a feel for the place, for example as I was walking out of my house this morning our neighbor stopped me and began telling me the entire history of Montpellier in very rapid French or when I tried on a fabulous little wrap dress and a women working in the shop truly gave me the time of day and gave me her opinion of how it looked. Being a part of the culture is truly a treat and I am enjoying it more each and every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 18

Switzerland to Germany to France to Germany

Safari